Latest COVID-19 Update
We are accepting bookings from July 2020 anticipating that we will be virtually back to ‘business as usual here in Southern Spain’. Any bookings made, we will guarantee that deposits will be returned should you be unable to travel due to any on-going travel restrictions even in to 2021.
You may have read in the international news that Spanish Prime Minister Pedro Sanchez has announced a four-point plan for the re-opening of Spain.
We have spoken with many guests and know some people might not be considering a holiday this year, or even consider it inappropriate. We also know that others would very much like to, if it’s safe and lawful under the international plans to limit the spread of COVID-19. That’s the choice of each individual/family and we respect it.
With that in mind, for those that will travel to Spain holiday homes stand out as safer, private, alternatives to large crowds expected in hotels. Also note that pools and other communal areas for hotels will be closed but not for holiday homes.
For those that are coming to Spain this year on holiday we will be providing periodic updates like this. The current announcement is as follows as regards tourism to Spain:
- The plan is split into four phases, this began from 4th May. Holiday Rentals and Hotels will be allowed to open from Phase II, estimated to be around 18th May. Hotels will not be allowed to have open pools/common areas but this doesn’t apply to Holiday Rentals.
- This will vary by province: Rural and island provinces (frequented by tourists) are expected to open first, as they have a low virus penetration so far. Cities, especially Madrid and Barcelona will likely be held back.
- However, this does not mean international tourism will be open from 18th May. First will be internal tourism by province, region and national. Only after will be international tourism.
- The Spanish government hopes to finish their de-escalation program by June.
- The Spanish economy relies heavily on tourism (about 21% of the economy), and the Spanish government is keen to open for summer if possible and is getting pressure from regional governors like Canary Islands and Andalucía.
In short, for those considering the summer, it is likely that July will be possible, and August and September will be more than likely. Many Spanish festivals are being moved to August & September to allow for this.
Holiday homes present an opportunity for people to enjoy Spain safely in July, August and September while staying away from the crowds.
Due to the uncertainties, we do not expect your balance payments to be paid six weeks before your arrival date, we will accept payment by credit card and bank transfer, a week before arrival, or cash in Euros on arrival.
We always make sure our villas are spotlessly clean before your arrival, but we would like to assure you that everything will be disinfected, including all outside furniture and sunbeds before arrivals.
At the moment there are zero cases of corona virus around Lake Vinuela, and as all of our villas have their own private pools and gardens, we feel you will be much safer rather than staying in a hotel with lots of people and sharing sunbeds.
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate in contacting us.
With our best wishes, for a safe and happy holiday,
Ian & Janet.